Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Grade, sort and package produce (cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers and egg plant)
- Mark and label containers, container tags, or products, using marking tools.
- Assemble, line and pad cartons, crates, and containers.
- Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products in order to ensure that packing specifications are met.
- Obtain, move, and sort products, materials, containers, and orders.
- Place products or materials into containers, using hand tools and equipment, or fill containers from spouts or chutes.
- Remove completed or defective products or materials, placing them on moving equipment such as conveyors or in specified areas such as loading docks.
- Seal containers or materials.
- Clean containers, materials, supplies, or work areas, using cleaning solutions and hand tools.
- Load materials and products into package processing equipment.
- Measure, weigh, and count products and materials.
- Record product, packaging, and order information on specified forms and records.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understand information and instruction presented through spoken words and sentences by line leader, supervisor or manager.
- Communicate any issues or concerns to the line leader, supervisor or manager.
- Work in various positions at the required speed of service and with the desired sense of urgency.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with body, arms, and/or legs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- The incumbent will be committed to customer service excellence and leading by example. A positive attitude in the workplace is required as is the ability to adhere to all human resources, operational and food and health safety policies and procedures.
No experience and/or education required. $14.00/hr