Industry-leading swine producer seeking livestock enthusiast to join our team to be a part of reaching production and financial goals!
Candidates that would be a great fit for this position:
- Enjoy working for a family owned company
- Desire to work in state-of-the-art facilities
- Seeking steady growth and no layoffs
- Looking to explore the fascinating swine industry
- Passionate about livestock and the agriculture industry
- Wanting a career that is close to home
What can come from this position?
- Gain in-depth hands-on experience with swine
- Learn to work and develop within a team environment
- Career advancement opportunities (management trainee, manager)
- Be involved with advancements and changes to come in the swine industry
To be considered for this position:
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Be able to demonstrate analytical reasoning
- Be able to complete mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Agriculture or manufacturing experience not required
Essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Artificially inseminate sows
- Heat checking sows
- Accurate record keeping for breeding and farrowing of sows
- Care of piglets – processing, treating, castrating
- Weaning piglets
- Movement of sows and piglets
- Maintain cull and gilt flow
- Care of sows – vaccinate and maintain health
- Maintain clean and sanitary barn – includes use of power wash
- Upkeep and maintenance of equipment
Generous company perks available!
All candidates are subject to pre-employment background check and drug screen (hair and urine).