Do you want to participate in creating the best team possible whilst making a positive difference to the lives of our residents? You can do this as a Casual team member within St Vincent’s Care Services (SVCS) Eltham and be part of an iconic name within the growth sector of Aged Care.
We are currently seeking applications for Food Services Assistant to join our Casual pool at SVCS Eltham. As a casual employee, we require you to have flexible availability across – mornings, afternoons and evenings, both weekdays and weekends, and be available over holiday and Christmas periods. Our Eltham facility has both nursing home and cottages, is very close to public transport. We encourage applicants to apply who share a genuine desire to care and assist our residents with a strong person centred care focus.
To be successful in your application you will need to demonstrate:
- Previous experience in a similar role;
- Food Safety / Food Handling Certificate
- An ability to provide a catering service that is consistent with the mission and philosophy of our organisation;
- An ability to work within a multidisciplinary team;
- An understanding of Aged Care and resident rights and responsibilities;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
As a Food Services Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in assisting the food services department in the general preparation of resident meals. Some of the tasks involved in this role include:
- Providing an effective kitchen support service for residents and the facility;
- Assisting in the preparation and serving of meals;
- Setting tables, cleaning dishes and performing all cleaning duties required by the facility in a timely and efficient manner;
- Ensuring a safe environment of staff and residents.
As a valued employee of SVCS we can offer you:
- Opportunity to work for the nation’s largest Catholic not-for-profit health and aged care provider, with a rapidly growing and progressive vision;
- A friendly team environment with a great community care spirit;
- Ability to visibly see your impact on the business and its service;
- Access to salary packaging as part of a not-for-profit organisation;
- No cost uniforms and training.
SVCS is a leading Catholic provider of Aged Care Services in Australia. SVCS offers quality residential, community and independent living services through 15 facilities with locations in Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria. St Vincent’s has been providing health care in Australia for more than 155 years. The legacy entrusted to us by the Sisters of Charity and their Founder, Mary Aikenhead continues to inspire the service provided to our residents in a caring, friendly atmosphere, underpinned by our values of Compassion, Justice, Integrity and Excellence.
You will be required to hold and maintain a National Criminal History Check at your own expense or be eligible to receive one prior to commencing.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities, ethical practices and the principles of cultural diversity and also promote a smoke free work environment.
As part of St Vincent’s Health Australia’s commitment to the federal government employment parity initiative, we strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Position Description and Critical Job Demands Checklist:
Review the following documents:
JR105422_Food Service Assistant PD.pdf
Award/Enterprise Agreement (if applicable):
SVCS – St Vincent’s Care Services (Victoria/Tasmania) ANMF and HWU Enterprise Agreement 2017
Position Grade and Salary (if applicable):
Cath O’Halloran – cath.o’email@example.com
30 November 2018 11:59pm